So you may be thinking, why should I take the time to learn how to plan and produce virtual fundraising events? In-person events will come back, right?
Well, of course, they will!
But why not learn a new skill set while you have a chance, whilst keeping that revenue engine running? While we all may miss in-person events, there are some great benefits to virtual fundraising events. Think about it:
- Expenses can be lower because you’re not paying to feed and drink hundreds of people
- Your reach is wider because people can tune-in from anywhere
- If you’re using a professional filmmaker, your storytelling ability is much stronger
- And last but not least, you now have the ability to recycle a lot of the footage you capture to use for other marketing efforts throughout the year.
Not to mention the fact that over this past year or so, the benefits and learnings from virtual events can be harnessed and applied to in-person events. Simply put, why not live stream your in-person events in order to reach a wider audience and increase virtual fundraising engagement amongst your communities? These hybrid events are quickly gaining traction as an effective way to create that even greater impact you so deserve. To date, we have produced or supported over 27 virtual fundraising events, all to great success! There have been a lot of learnings along the way, and so each virtual event has become more and more impactful as we have navigated the virtual fundraising and hybrid worlds.
For now, let’s get back to virtual fundraising events. At Boundless, we’ve recently entered the Brave New World of Virtual Fundraising Events. When we first started exploring the virtual event space we were admittedly overwhelmed, under-educated, and just downright anxious! At first, it was an uncertain time for all of us, with many of our non profits expressing these emotions as they looked for ways to keep their communities, sponsors and donors engaged during these trying times. But where there’s a will, there’s a way!
With a lot of self-education, commitment, and learning from others, we’ve grown into confident Virtual Event Producers.
Here are the 5 key steps we took to get there:
- First, we learned the new glossary of terms- concepts such as latency, live-streaming, embed tokens, lower-thirds, and the list goes on from here. Once we understood the terms we could start thinking about vendors.
- We sourced the right vendors such as filmmakers, post-production teams, live-streaming pros and streaming platforms providers.
- Then, we learned how to put together an effective virtual storyboard and a production schedule to help keep our projects on track .
- Next, we crafted the communication plan necessary to help donors and supporters understand what these events would look and feel like so they weren’t intimidated or overwhelmed.
- Lastly, we learned how to put together a compelling production that tells your story, helps your mission shine, and motivates donors to give. With our array of professional fundraising auctioneer & host talent, this message is amplified.
If you’re feeling stuck or overwhelmed at the thought of Virtual Event Production, we totally get you! Give us a call today so we can help you produce an event that your donors will never forget! Or, if you have any questions, we’d be happy to answer them.
The BOUNDLESS WAY
We love to make a difference in people’s lives. Whether it’s relieving clients of stress, communicating with vendors, or cultivating relationships with causes or donors, we are passionate about creating personal connections in everything we do. Our approach is simple; first we listen, next we strategize, then we perform. We make an Impact.
We will always strive for perfection & unyielding compassion, driving ourselves and each other to be better. We will be persistent in this endeavor, and work as a team to achieve it. We will be quietly ambitious. After all, a person’s reach should exceed his grasp. We will always push ourselves to deliver creativity, awesome personal service, and unique ideas to meet our clients’ needs. We will always look to go above and beyond, and be at the forefront of new ideas. After all, research and discovery are the fuel of advantage.
Our culture is paramount to us. We support, encourage and challenge each other – to be caring, passionate and resourceful. We are a great cause that works for great causes.
The BOUNDLESS Motto
Meaningful Interaction. Inspired purpose. Strategic Impact.
The BOUNDLESS Purpose
Through compassion, storytelling and the understanding of human generosity, we help non-profits showcase their mission, inspire engagement and amplify their voice. Our commitment is to create lasting impact.